Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for designing, creating and delivering Marketing Communications activities for Digium by executing a variety of details that involve email campaigns, web campaigns, graphic design, product collateral, brand protection, marketing of trade shows and events, public relations, customer communications, promotions and other marketing plans. Will work with outside vendors/agencies in the design and execution of advertising campaigns, trade show exhibitions, mail campaigns, webinars, and seminars. Creativity will be expected and latitude will be granted.
Duties of Position
- Design and develop of promotional programs, advertising, and marketing communications to further company sales objectives.
- Work with product and marketing managers to determine collateral needs.
- Aid in the implementation of product promotion ensuring the communication of corporate mission and objectives.
- Coordinate marketing activities; launch plans, webinars, campaigns and other marketing-related project management activities.
- Create and update other marketing deliverables such as presentations, graphics for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor literature inventory and work with vendors for replenishment.
- Recommend advertising and marketing actions based upon interpretation of marketing/sales needs.
- Manage Company projects and workflow with and through external suppliers and contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A or B.S in marketing, advertising or communications; 2-4 years of professional experience in corporate project management, marketing, advertising or communications required.
- Proficient in Adobe applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Also facility in PowerPoint and Keynote, Excel, and Word.
- Strong time management skills. Self-starter.
- Demonstrated leadership and program management skills.
- Highly innovative and motivated, with solid business insight.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks at once, and be very flexible in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Creative thinker with the ability to continually contribute ideas to brainstorming sessions.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, created and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software. Since its founding in 1999 by Mark Spencer, Digium has become the open source alternative to proprietary communication providers, with offerings that cost as much as 80 percent less. Digium offers Asterisk software free to the open source community and offers Switchvox, Digium's Unified Communications solution to power a broad family of products for small, medium and large businesses. The company's product line includes a wide range of telephony hardware and software to enable resellers and customers to implement turnkey VoIP systems or to design their own custom communications solutions. At Digium, we're changing the way businesses communicate.
Digium is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Digium not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.