This position will be a part of a five person team supporting the organization's business infrastructure and business application developers. The group runs a wide variety of systems in support of the business, mostly on an LTS version of Ubuntu Linux, but with enough Windows instances to keep it interesting. In addition to systems administration, this role will touch a little bit of everything in the environment, from security to network troubleshooting, and is a perfect fit for someone who is always interested in learning the next new thing or expanding their skillset.
The ideal candidate will have solid systems administration experience, can easily adapt to solving problems on different platforms, has great communication skills and who can work independently as part of a team.
Duties of Position
- Linux and Windows system administration, with emphasis on Debian/Ubuntu Linux
- Database administration on MySQL, Postgres & SQL Server ( Galera experience a plus )
- Administering heavily virtualized environments on different platforms ( Xenserver, VMWare, KVM )
- Backend directory & authentication provider administration ( LDAP / AD / SaML / IDP )
- Managing data protection and backup infrastructure and procedures
- Monitoring infrastructure and services
- Configuration management and automation
- Infrastructure capacity planning
- Storage system administration
- Managing disaster recovery operations
- Familiarity with information security and system security concepts and implementation
- Datacenter management, on-site and remote sites
- Basic network administration and troubleshooting; general familiarity with switching, routing & VPN
- Troubleshooting various issues in local and remote environments
- Google G-Suite platform administration
- Service desk / End user support
- BS degree in technical field w/ 4+ years experience / 8+ years experience in lieu of degree.
- Expert level knowledge of Linux Administration
- Windows server and Active Directory administration
- Expert level knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Experience working with business networks including routers, switches, wifi and VPN
- Ability to “self-start” and work as an individual in a team environment
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and outstanding work ethic
- Experience with VOIP platforms, preferably Asterisk or Switchvox
- Experience with a configuration management platform, Ansible experience a plus
- Helpdesk / Service desk experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with some scripting language ( python, bash, php, etc )
- Solid understanding of Ansible
- Experience with OpenXen, XenServer, Ovirt, Vmware, docker technologies
- Experience with Dell hardware platforms
- Experience in managing / administering cloud platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP platform
- Experience working w/ version control ( Git , Stash , SVN )
Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, created and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software. Since its founding in 1999 by Mark Spencer, Digium has become the open source alternative to proprietary communication providers, with offerings that cost as much as 80 percent less. Digium offers Asterisk software free to the open source community and offers Switchvox, Digium's Unified Communications solution to power a broad family of products for small, medium and large businesses. The company's product line includes a wide range of telephony hardware and software to enable resellers and customers to implement turnkey VoIP systems or to design their own custom communications solutions. At Digium, we're changing the way businesses communicate.
Digium is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Digium not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.