Digium is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a combination of infrastructure automation and communication skills to work in a highly collaborative environment. You'd be working with a team of talented developers using best practices in an agile environment to create robust, large scale, web and communication services.
Duties of Position
- Design and manage systems for cloud communications infrastructure
- Build and manage DevOps frameworks and tools to automate and manage this infrastructure and the software deployed on it
- Build and run automated tests and automation for software maintenance
- Work with various software groups to understand requirements and collaborate on the final deployment solutions
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience writing software that automates system administration or software testing
- Mastery of systems administration
- Mastery of scripting/automation tools (Nodejs and Ruby preferred)
- Mastery of managing public or private clouds (AWS, OpenStack)
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and/or continuous deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Source code management including git
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, packet capturing, protocol analysis)
- Familiar with Agile development and test processes
- Linux and open source environments
- Experience with IT automation tools (preferred Ansible)
- Large scale production web deployments
- Experience with Kamailio, Asterisk, VoIP, or WebRTC
- Experience with production VoIP or media processing in the cloud deployments
- Experience with Rails/Sinatra.
- Experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Nodejs, Prometheus, Zabbix, Logstash, Sensu, or Graphite
- A track record of being generally awesome
Digium, Inc. is a small company with a big reputation as a disruptor in the communications industry, starting with the creation of Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software in the world. While continuing to drive the open source revolution, Digium also provides a full range of business communications solutions based on Switchvox, our award winning Unified Communications solution. With an entrepreneurial environment that values innovation and disruption, Digium is changing the way businesses communicate.
Digium is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Digium not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.