Technical Support Representative (Technician)
||San Diego, CA.
Duties of Position
Answer incoming calls and respond to email and web-based customer requests for information or support on Digium telephony products, including Asterisk, DAHDI, and Switchvox.
Qualified applicants will possess a solid call center background, above average troubleshooting skills, be comfortable troubleshooting issues that may include the Linux and Windows operating systems and third-party products with limited or no remote access, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate reliable performance in a team environment. Must possess the ability to manage time wisely, to maintain detailed technical records, and handle customer requests in a professional manner.
- High school diploma
- Problem solving abilities and Research skills
- A minimum of one year on (evidence-based) troubleshooting work related environment and call center experience
- Familiarity with the OSI and TCP/IP models
- An understanding and basic knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Clear grasp of fundamental knowledge of DHCP, DNS, VLAN, NAT, Port forwarding, SNMP, NTP, SSL Certificates, Sendmail, FTP
- Knowledgeable with server Hardware elements and troubleshooting procedures (CPU, Motherboard, Hard-drive, RAID controller, Memory, etc)
- Skilled with packet analyzer tools (wireshark)
- Basic programming skills a plus (C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Bash, etc)
- Basic knowledge on HTTP/HTTPS and Jabber protocols - Server-Client communications
Any Network or System Administrator certification is a big plus, as well as experience on troubleshooting telecommunications issues such as PRI, BRI, VoIP(SIP/IAX), POTS (Plain Old Telephone lines)
Digium, Inc. is a small company with a big reputation as a disruptor in the communications industry, starting with the creation of Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software in the world. While continuing to drive the open source revolution, Digium also provides a full range of business communications solutions based on Switchvox, our award winning Unified Communications solution. With an entrepreneurial environment that values innovation and disruption, Digium is changing the way businesses communicate.
Digium is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Digium not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.